July 5, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: Lucie Sur Seine
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: July 5 – "Lucie Sur Seine" (1982): A woman in a bleak Paris suburb becomes involved with a truck driver who has committed murder in this little-known French drama that employs elements of film noir to comment on the immigrant experience in contemporary Europe. The film is shown in French with English subtitles and contains adult content.
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English