July 19, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: The Shop on Main Street
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: July 19 – "The Shop on Main Street" (Czechoslovakia, 1965): In this Oscar winner for Best Foreign Film, a small-town worker gets a chance to improve his situation when he is assigned to take over an elderly Jewish woman's button shop, but as the village is taken over his attempts to get her to understand what is happening lead to a tragic outcome. The film is shown in Czech with English subtitles.
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English