July 26, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: The Rocket Man
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: July 26 – "The Rocket Man" (1954): In this children's fantasy, co-written by Lenny Bruce, George "Foghorn" Winslow (the little boy with the very deep voice in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes") is given a very special gun from a spaceman. The cast includes Charles Coburn, Spring Byington, Anne Francis, John Agar and a cameo by director Oscar Rudolph's young son Alan, who grew up to become a major independent filmmaker ("Welcome to L.A."and "Choose Me").
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English