September 18, 2019
- Electroacousitic Music Macomb
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Location: COFAC Recital Hall
- Description: The Western Illinois University School of Music will present Electroacoustic Music Macomb 2019, curated by Hong-Da Chin, assistant professor of theory and composition, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18 in the College of Fine Arts and Communication (COFAC) Recital Hall.
This performance will feature a composition by retired School of Music Professor James Caldwell, in addition to compositions by Carter John Rice, Carolyn Borcherding, Rob McClure, Jason Bolte and Mike McFerron.
This performance is open free to the public, and will be live-streamed on the School of Music's YouTube channel and Facebook Live.
"Let Me See Your Face" for flute and live electronics (2013) - Rice (b. 1989)
- Music instructor Jeiran Hasan, flute
"Vesper" for fixed media (2017) - Borcherding (b. 1992)
"Lingering Garden" for fixed media (2015) - McClure (b. 1984)
"Change in the Summation" for fixed media (2006) - Bolte (b. 1976)
"An Interrupted Memory" for fixed media (2009/10) - McFerron (b. 1970)
"Mechanism IV" for reed trio and electro-acoustic media (2002) - Caldwell (b. 1957)
- Assistant Professor Emily Hart, oboe
- WIU music student Morgan Miller, clarinet
- Assistant Professor Brisa de Paula, bassoon
- Related Web Site: COFAC Recital Hall
- Contact Information:
COFAC Recital Hall
- Source: College of Fine Arts & Communication