October 20, 2012
- Performing Arts Society BEERFEST 2012
- Time: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: The Forum, 124 N Lafayette, Macomb, IL
- Description: The Performing Arts Society 4th Annual Beerfest is Saturday, October 20 from 12:00 NOON to 6:00 PM at The Forum in downtown Macomb. Beerfest features over 60 beers and complimentary snacks to attendees 21 years and older. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door for the public and $5 for students with a valid university ID.
The PAS Beerfest is the only chance in west central Illinois to taste some of the most sought after brews around. Tasting tickets are $.75 each or 8 for $5. Taste beers from California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Wisconsin, and Germany.
The “Special Release Beers” tasting is one of the highlights of the event. Every hour on the hour, from 1:00 to 5:00, Beerfest will feature a very hard to get brew for tasting.
The Performing Arts Society Beerfest is a chance to taste exotic brews, meet fellow beer devotees, and support the arts! The PAS raises money every year to support the Youth Performing Arts Series that brings over 6000 children to the WIU campus for free live arts performances; Summer Music Institute scholarships for over 200 local students; the BCA; and the Academic Support Program grants that provide College of Fine Arts and Communication faculty and staff with the chance to pursue arts related projects that benefit WIU and the Macomb community.
Don’t miss Beerfest 2012! You’ll meet your friends pouring and have the chance to mingle and exchange notes with other beer aficionados. Tickets will be available at West Pierce Liquors and the College of Fine Arts and Communication, 117 Browne Hall, after October 1st.
The PAS thanks the sponsors of Beerfest—West Pierce Liquors and The Forum of Macomb, IL. And we can’t do it without the help of our distributor MarketPlace Selections of Peoria, IL.
For more information about Beerfest and to see the complete list of beers, go to wiu.edu/pas and select the Beerfest link.
- Related Web Site: Performing Arts Society
- Contact Information:
College of Fine Arts and Communication
- Source: College of Fine Arts & Communication