December 31, 2012
- Holiday Year-End Closure
- Time: All Day
- Location: N/A
- Description: Consistent with Board of Trustee's Regulations, Western Illinois University believes holiday year-end closure is an important way to recognize the many contributions of our colleagues during the year. This year, Western Illinois University will provide eligible employees time off with pay for 11 holidays, including two days for Christmas and two days for New Year's, as described in the Board of Trustee's Regulations. This year, WIU will extend to non-negotiated employees additional days off with pay in conjunction with Christmas and New Year's. Designated administrative closure days, December 27, 28, and 29 will be granted with pay to non-negotiated employees. Employees in positions covered by collective bargaining agreements will observe the holiday period as agreed in their respective contracts.
The following is the 2012-2013 Holiday schedule for eligible employees.
- Monday, December 24, 2012 - Holiday
- Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - Holiday
- Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - Administrative Closure
- Thursday , December 27, 2012 - Administrative Closure
- Friday, December 28, 2012 - Administrative Closure
- Monday, December 31, 2012 - Holiday
- Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - Holiday
Employees will not be granted any additional release time with pay in conjunction with this period. Absences from work with pay for any part of the day before or after this period shall be subject to the University's leave regulations.
The University will be closed to the public December 24 through January 1. To remind everyone, policies that have been in effect in the past remain in effect. Only those employees providing essential services (e.g., Heating Plant, Public Safety) will be required to work as assigned during this period. If an employee must work on December 26, 27, or 28, overtime will not be incurred and alternative arrangements for equivalent time off should be made with the supervisor. December 26, 27, and 28 will be reflected on the electronic time system with a plus sign (+) in the
- Related Web Site: Related Site
- Contact Information:
- Source: Public Events