February 6, 2013
- Difficult Conversation 3: "I Don't Feel Very Privileged": Differing Perceptions of Power and Advantage
- Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: University Union, Lamoine Room
- Description: Does being white or male automatically give people power others don't enjoy? Do rich people have advantages poor people don't simply because they are rich? Do straight people enjoy more or fewer benefits than gay people? What has been your experience of privilege? Do you see it? Have you been affected by it? Have you thought about where it comes from or if it can be increased or shared?
- Related Web Site: Register Now!
- Contact Information:
- Source: Center for Innovation in Teaching & Research