February 19, 2013
- Approaches to Formative Assessments in the Classroom
- Time: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Location: Malpass Library, 3rd Floor Computer Classroom
- Description: For many courses, assessment consists primarily of exam and quizzes. As an assessment approach, these techniques are insufficient, providing instructors with limited, single-lens feedback on studentsŐ learning at a given point in time. Best practices research recommends the use of multiple assessment tools for determining what it is that students know and can do. This session focuses on the use of multiple formative assessments (such as student blogs, journals, knowledge probes, and discussions), for assessing learning that allows instructors to readily modify their teaching based upon ongoing student feedback.
- Related Web Site: Register Now!
- Contact Information:
- Source: Center for Innovation in Teaching & Research