March 5, 2013
- Annual WIU New Music Festival - Concert II - Student Composers Concert
- Time: 2:00 PM
- Location: COFAC Recital Hall
- Description: The annual New Music Festival at Western Illinois University provides a rare opportunity for our community and region to hear new music and meet recognized composers and performers. The events of the festival provide an opportunity to experience and understand the music of our time.
The festival brings together some of the university's fine performing faculty, guest artists, faculty and student composers, and student performers in lectures, concerts, and workshops that explore many exciting facets of today's new music world.
The festival's directors are WIU composition faculty James Caldwell, Paul Paccione, and James Romig.
For additional information please contact Dr. James Caldwell via email at J-Caldwell@wiu.edu or visit the website at http://www.wiu.edu/cofac/newmusicfestival/
Concert I - Monday, March 4 - 7:30pm
Concert II - Tuesday, March 5 - 2:00pm
Student Composers Concert
Wax Museum II - Marius Anthony
- Amy Broadbent, piano
Etudes for Bassoon - Metro Lyle
- Arturo (RT) Martinez, bassoon
First Invention: Wooden Gears (2013) - Steve Wilcer
- Marina Nir, flute
- Matthew Goulding, oboe
- Laura Reynolds, clarinet
- Angeline Sullivan, bassoon
Concert II - Tuesday, March 5 - 7:30pm
New Music Festival 2013 is made possible with support from the Visiting Lecturers Committee; Steve Smith, Barnyard Guitars, 135 South Randolph, Macomb; the Performing Arts Society and the School of Music.
All performances are in the COFAC Recital Hall.
- Related Web Site: New Music Festival
- Contact Information:
- Source: School of Music