October 1, 2013
- Rape Aggression Defense classes presented by Office of Public Safety
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Location: Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center
- Description: Rape Aggression Defense
Pre-registration is required.
Cost of the 12-hour course, which is taught by RAD-certified police officers Jerel Jones, Jerry Allen, Kerrie Bishop, Nate Garlick, Sarah Worthington, and Derek Watts, is $20.00 per person and includes a RAD manual.
Students may charge the fee to their University accounts.
Lifetime retraining is free.
Previous participants are welcome to attend the courses at no cost.
For more information or to register, visit the Office of Public Safety (Mowbray Hall) or contact Corporal Bishop at (309) 298-1949.
Classes will take place at the Spencer Student Recreation Center, Colgate Room and Racquetball Courts.
Tuesdays, October 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2013
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Classes will include:
- Avoiding victimization
- Patterns of Date Rape Encounter
- Basic Principles of Defense
- Full-speed, hands-on exercise
- Dynamic Simulation Training
Co-sponsored by Campus Recreation, Interpersonal Violence Prevention Initiative, Student Judicial Programs, University Counseling Center, and Women’s Center.
- Related Web Site: Office of Public Safety
- Contact Information:
Phone: (309) 298-1949
- Source: Campus Recreation