October 25, 2013
- EGO Conference Keynote: Dr. David B. Goldstein
- Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Morgan Hall 109
- Description: Dr. David B. Goldstein (PhD, Stanford University), is an associate professor of English and coordinator of the Creative Writing Program at York University in Toronto, Canada. He has published articles on Emmanuel Levinas and eating, Titus Andronicus and American cannibalism, and Martha Stewart and domestic labor.
His forthcoming works on food and hospitality include a scholarly monograph, Eating and Ethics in Shakespeare’s England (Fall 2013) and the SEL article “The Price of Pork: Jews, Scots, and Pigs in The Merchant of Venice” (2014). In addition, Dr. Goldstein is a widely published poet and a founding member of the Wa-KOW! art collective. A former restaurant critic and journalist, his food writing has appeared in SAVEUR, The New York Sun, and numerous other publications.
- Related Web Site: English Graduate Organization
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English & Journalism