October 24, 2013
- Qualitative Research Series: Session 1 - Research in Brief: An Introduction to Qualitative Research and Analysis
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Malpass Library, Room 180
- Description: Qualitative research is a rapidly growing methodology and analytical approach in the social and behavioral sciences. As qualitative methods are suitable for open-ended surveys, interviews, or logs and archival records, it provides an opportunity to gain insight from data that are often cumbersome or intractable to quantitative approaches. This workshop will provide a brief background and overview of qualitative research and analysis, key theoretical foundations, and also feature a hands-on demonstration of how the qualitative research process unfolds. The workshop content will be geared toward faculty with minimal prior experience with qualitative research, but any faculty member with an interest in qualitative research is welcome.
A second workshop in this series will contrast quantitative and qualitative research by examining core differences in assumptions, goals, and applications of these two approaches.
- Related Web Site: CITR Workshop Schedule
- Contact Information:
- Source: Center for Innovation in Teaching & Research