February 5, 2014
- 2013-2014 Difficult Conversations: Stereotyping Each Other: Experiencing the Urban/Rural Divide off Campus
- Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Multipurpose/Activity Room of the Multicultural Center
- Description: University campuses should offer students a safe space for study and growth, for broadening perspectives and circles of friends and peers. What happens when tension arises because of cultural divides among students, faculty, and staff as they try to interact? Though town and gown tensions are not unusual in college towns, how can students, faculty, staff, and community members avoid them when cultural norms and behaviors differ, and opportunities to build connections are limited? For further information email Debra Miretzky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Web Site: Register Now!
- Contact Information:
- Source: Center for Innovation in Teaching & Research