July 12, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: The House of Cards
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: July 12 – "House of Cards" (1969) - American boxer George Peppard is hired to tutor a young boy who becomes the victim of a kidnapping plot by a Fascist group attempting world domination. With Inger Stevens and Orson Welles. Directed by John Guillerman ("The Towering InfernoI, "Death on the Nile") and based on a novel by Stanley Ellin. The film is shown in its widescreen version.
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English