Clery Law Reports
As required by the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, colleges and universities in the United States must disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to publish an Annual Security Report by Oct. 1 each year. Western's report can be found in the left menu under "Clery Act Info." In addition, the act requires colleges and universities maintain a public crime log documenting crimes occurring on campus property. The log should be accessible to the public and remain open for 60 days. Western's crime log can be found below. Reports 61 days and older may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
The Annual Security Report (PDF) provides a comprehensive review of crime-related statistics for the previous four years for the WIU-Macomb and -Quad Cities campuses. This report also includes University policies on campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault support and other resources. This report is also available online, along with the statistics, at wiu.edu/safety. A hard copy may also be viewed at OPS (Mowbray Hall) and University Relations (Sherman Hall 302).
Campus Crime Log
The activities listed in these summaries reflect incidents where a police report is filed in the Office of Public Safety at Western Illinois University. Items NOT listed include citizen assists, checking on well being of individuals, emergency 9-1-1 calls which do not result in a crime report (i.e. false alarm) and other "routine" duties.
This summary is developed by the Office of University Relations. Questions about entries in this summary should be referred to the Office of University Relations, Director Darcie Shinberger, at (309) 298-1993 or the Office of Public Safety, Director Scott Harris, at (309) 298-1949.
Weekly Reports for Past 60 Days
- 2016-07-25 through 2016-07-27
- 2016-07-22 through 2016-07-25 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-20 through 2016-07-22
- 2016-07-18 through 2016-07-20 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-15 through 2016-07-18 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-13 through 2016-07-15
- 2016-07-11 through 2016-07-13 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-08 through 2016-07-11 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-06 through 2016-07-08 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-05 through 2016-07-06 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-07-01 through 2016-07-05 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-29 through 2016-07-01 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-27 through 2016-06-29 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-24 through 2016-06-27
- 2016-06-22 through 2016-06-24
- 2016-06-20 through 2016-06-22 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-17 through 2016-06-20 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-15 through 2016-06-17 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-13 through 2016-06-15 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-10 through 2016-06-13 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-08 through 2016-06-10
- 2016-06-06 through 2016-06-08 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-03 through 2016-06-06 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-06-01 through 2016-06-03 -- No Incidents Reported
- 2016-05-31 through 2016-06-01 -- No Incidents Reported
To search the Campus Crime Reports, enter a search term or phrase below.