Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Why make the public choice in the Quad Cities? Western Illinois University - Quad Cities core values highlight the many academic, personal, and social opportunities you will experience while you are a student on campus, and throughout your lifetime. Make the smart choice to attend Western Illinois University - Quad Cities now!
Central to our history is the commitment to teaching, to the individual learner, and to active involvement in the teaching-learning process. Western Illinois University’s highly qualified and diverse faculty promotes critical thinking, engaged learning, research, and creativity in a challenging, supportive learning community. We are committed to student success in an academic environment that encourages lifelong development as learners, scholars, teachers, and mentors.
Western Illinois University Quad Cities is responsive to workforce demand for academically prepared graduates. Students at WIU-Quad Cities have several new majors to choose, and can work with their academic advisor to choose a major, minor, and graduate program to enhance their portfolio of experiences both in and out of the classroom.
New Academic Programs
New WIU-Quad Cities Undergraduate Majors:
Communication, English, Engineering, Human Resource Management, and Supply Chain Management
New Minor: Entrepreneurship
WIU-Quad Cities Accelerated Options:
- Recreation Park & Tourism Administration – earn an associates and bachelors in just 3 years.
- Integrated MBA Programs – earn a bachelors and masters in just 5 years.
New Graduate Programs:
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Museum Studies
Western Illinois University values educational opportunity and welcomes those who show promise and a willingness to work toward achieving shared educational goals. We are committed to providing accessible, high quality educational programs and financial support for our students.
WIU-Quad Cities offers 17 undergraduate majors, 25 minors, 13 graduate programs, 7 post-baccalaureate certificate programs, and a doctorate in Educational Leadership. WIU-QC is situated in the Quad Cities metropolitan area, which provides students the opportunities to gain educational experiences both on and off campus through volunteerism, service learning, experiential learning, internships and social involvement.
Affordable Public Education
- Cost Guarantee - WIU is the only school in Illinois that guarantees a four-year lock on total cost including tuition, and fees for all undergraduate and graduate students.
- Grad Trac - This program guarantees graduation in four years.
- Iowa, Missouri, and Wisconsin residents - receive Illinois in-state tuition rates at WIU.
- Cited as a “Best Practice Institution” by the Pell Institute for exceeding the national rate in graduating low-income students and students who are first in their family to attend college..
- Recognized as one of only two public universities in Illinois who best support students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds by the “College Access & Opportunity Guide.”
- Named a “Military Friendly Institution” by “G.I. Jobs Magazine.”
- WIU’s scholarship program named a “Best Practice” by the Center for Student Opportunity.
- Over 75% of WIU students receive a form of financial aid.
Western Illinois University values the development of the whole person. We are committed to providing opportunities for personal growth in an environment that supports the development of wellness, ethical decision making, and personal responsibility in the global community.
The WIU-Quad Cities community is committed to students’ personal growth. New students can connect with faculty and staff via the WIU-QC Mentor Program to learn about campus resources or to discover their own talents and life path. The mentor and student partnership provides opportunities to reflect on your experiences in and out of the classroom, and to explore avenues for personal and professional development.
Throughout the semester WIU-Quad Cities offers educational programs, interesting speakers, and student organizations, just a few examples of how students can become involved and explore their identity and the world around them.
Large University Options with Personalized Focus
- Personal Attention in the Classroom - Small class sizes: student to faculty ratio only 16:1
- Transfer Support - Western is a transfer-friendly college that accepts all successfully completed college-level coursework. We can also assist students with transcript evaluations and degree plans.
- Opportunities Outside the Classroom - More than 15 registered on-campus student organizations focused on professional, cultural, and social experiences.
- Study Abroad - Be an active part of the global community in one of Western’s many international programs.
Western Illinois University is committed to equity, social justice, and diversity and will maintain the highest standards of integrity in our work with others. We create an environment that fosters and promotes civic engagement. We serve as a resource for and stimulus to educational, cultural, environmental, community and economic development in our region and well beyond it.
Campus life at WIU-Quad Cities encourages student involvement on campus and in the community. WIU-Quad Cities student organizations maintain a commitment to social responsibility and social justice, and give back to the community in a variety of ways.
Community, Responsibility and Service
- Recognition for Service - WIU named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition for commitment to service learning.
- University and Community Volunteer Opportunities - Countless options to contribute to WIU-Quad Cities and its host cities and surrounding communities through in-class volunteer opportunities and through Student Organization service.