Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Parking Tag Information
Faculty/Staff eligible for a Western Illinois University parking tag may register a vehicle at the Riverfront or 60th Street Information Desk Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For 2013-2014, parking costs are as follows:
Faculty & Staff Vehicles: $86.00 per year
Faculty & Staff Motorcycles: $24.00 per year
*If you purchase a vehicle hangtag, one motorcycle/moped permit will be FREE. An additional registration form is required for motorcycle permits.
Things to Remember
- If your vehicle(s) already has a validation sticker from previous years, you DO NOT need a new validation sticker but the vehicle still needs to be listed on the registration card.
- The fee for a replacement hangtag for any lost or stolen hangtag will be the current permit fee.
- If you need to load/unload near a building, contact our office first by calling 298-1921.
- Hangtag registration is not considered complete until the validation sticker is affixed to the lower corner (passenger side) of the front windshield and the hangtag is displayed from the interior rear view mirror with the numbers facing the front of the vehicle.
Events and Information
What's New in Western Online 10.3 - Usability
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Video Conference Riverfront Room 239 and Malpass Library Room 180
Presenter:Rob Entzminger, D2L Solutions Manager
- D2L Recipes
- ePortfolio – Personal and Professional Development
- Analytics – Progress Reports
- Intelligent agents Conditional release tips and tricks, making the technology work for you
- User progress- keeping up with your students
- Incorporating Rich Interactive Content into Your classes with D2L Binder
- Quiz - tool tips and trick. New features, workflow around questions, grading options, special access.
- Changing point values,
- Gradebook - new features, workflow concepts, creating milestone grades
- Content tool tips and tricks (blended learning, flipped classroom approach)
- Content tool , interface, drag n drop, content slide out map, content summary
- File types, upload, links, student access
- Course Builder, IDW
- Discussion tool tips and tricks. New features, layout, class discussions, one on one discussions, viewability, settings.
- Dropbox tips and tricks. New features, workflow, grading, Assignment grader app (iPad)
- News tool tips and tricks
- Question and Answer period
WIU-QC Research & Scholarship Symposium (QCRSS)
The aim of this network is to help faculty at the Western Illinois University - Quad Cities campus connect with colleagues to develop research partnerships, to gain support, and to share research expertise and accomplishments.
Join the QCRSS community - it's free!
WIU Partners with Microsoft Home Use Programs for Employees
Western Illinois University faculty, staff, graduate students and teaching assistants may now download specific Microsoft software for just $9.95, thanks to an arrangement between Western's University Technology (uTech) division and the Microsoft Home Use Program.
"We are pleased to offer this program. It is one that the campus has been asking for, and it represents a significant cost advantage for WIU employees who choose to take advantage of this program," said Joe Rives, vice president for the Quad Cities, planning and technology.
Employees may download one copy of one software from each offered:
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint Workspace, Publisher, Access and InfoPath
- Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (Office 2011 for Mac is due out this month), which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage and Messenger
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010
While the purchase is limited to one copy of each currently offered Microsoft product, this copy may be installed on two home computers that the WIU employee uses: one desktop computer and one mobile device. Employees do not own the software; they are only entitled to use it while serving as a WIU employee.
For more information about this offer, including downloads, visit wiu.edu/microsofthomeuse.
Individuals who wish to own this software may purchase it from JourneyEd at www.wiu.edu/JourneyEd.
VOIP Phone Guides