You have to have them, so let us help you find them! There are several different kinds of textbooks. The two most common varieties are new and used. We make every effort to keep as many used titles on the text shelves as possible. This saves you $$$, since used books sell for 25% less than new books. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, personal checks, and cash as payment methods. At this time we are unable to apply your book purchase to your student bill.
We know that finding the correct books for your classes can be daunting but here are a few tips:
- The store always has extended hours the first week of classes. Avoid the crowds and do your shopping in the evening.
- Have a copy of your schedule with you when shopping for your books. The syllabus is also good to have if you have already been to class.
- There are two classifications of course texts:
REQUIRED - the titles your instructor has told us you must have for the course. RECOMMENDED - the titles your instructor has suggested may be helpful in the course.
- Each text for a class has its own shelf card. The card tells you the semester, course number, section number, professor's name, the text author, title, ISBN, publisher, edition, new and used price and whether the book is required or recommended. Whew!
- If you are unsure which book to get or you find the shelf card but there's no book, ask a customer assistant. That's what we're here for!
- KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! Sometimes folks need to return books. If you drop a class, be sure to return your book A.S.A.P.! During the fall and spring terms the first 10 days of classes, as long as you have the original receipt and the book is in the same condition as when it was purchased, we will fully refund your money. Purchases made with a credit/debit card are credited back to that same card.
Other facts about textbooks:
- The books for each term are selected by the instructors. We order what is requested and try to find the best options for you, the customer. That includes as many used copies as possible.
- At the end of each term our store runs a large buyback. If an instructor submits an order for the future term for a book you are using this semester, we will purchase that book from you at up to 50% of the new price until we obtain the quantity needed. That's money back in your pocket!
- Prices for new textbook are set by the textbook publishers. We purchase the books from the publishers and then mark them up enough to cover expenses.
- Some items such as handouts, workbooks, and annual editions will not be available used.
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1931
Toll Free: 800-338-6369
Fax: (309) 298-2931