Office of Student Activities
Volunteer Services and Students
What does volunteering do for me?
Volunteering offers you the opportunity to not only help those in the community, but also offers a way to get involved with local government, community initiatives, and the people of Macomb.
Aside from the personal benefits, employers and educational institutions look favorably at those who are actively giving back to their community.
What does volunteering do for the community?
The community can only benefit from dedicated and thoughtful students helping to maintain and provide support for Macomb. Through your contribution of service, your voice can be heard on community topics and issues.
Volunteer Services Sponsored Programs
- Make A Difference Day - A day of volunteerism held all over Macomb.
- Volunteer Fairs - Informational fairs where community agencies are on site to answer your questions about their organization and sign students up for volunteering.
- Alternative Spring Break - A trip for 12 students during spring break to help others in a variety of different ways.
- WAVE - A student organization of volunteers.
- Other service-based student organizations
- Service-Learning - Information on a way of bringing together the classroom and community through thoughtful reflection and service.
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879