uTech Computer Store
The uTech Computer Store is your on-campus computer store. We are both an Apple Authorized Campus Store and Dell Campus Reseller, which mean all of our computers are priced with an educational discount. We sell the full line of Apple computers, iPads and iPods as well as a basic line of Dell laptops and tablets. We also sell a variety of computer, tablet and phone accessories. We do not sell cellular phones.
Western's Online Apple Store
- View the entire Apple line of hardware and accessories at special academic pricing for WIU students, faculty, and staff. You can even purchase online, though we encourage you to buy directly from our campus store for enhanced sales and service.
Western's Online Dell Store
- View the entire Dell line of hardware and accessories at special academic pricing for WIU students, faculty, and staff. You can also purchase online.
Western's Journey Ed
- Through our partnership with Journey Ed, WIU students, faculty, and staff receive exceptional discounts on a vast array of software and other offerings.
The uTech Computer Store has an on-site repair facility and has an Apple certified repair technician on staff. Come in and see us for:
- Warranty and non-warranty Apple repairs. No matter where you purchased it, we can fix it!
- Limited Dell warranty repairs (only available on computers purchased from our store)
- Some limited non-warranty Windows laptop repairs
- Virus and malware cleanup
- Software questions
- And much more!
The uTech Computer Store now accepts trade-ins on a variety of devices and computers. Bring in your old device and we can tell you what it is worth as a trade-in. You will receive a gift card to our store in the amount of the trade-in. You can use the gift card towards the purchase of any item in the store. We currently accept the following items:
- Cell Phones
- Apple iPhones
- Galaxy and Galaxy Note
- HTC One
- Apple iPad and iPad mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab and Note
- Google Nexus 7 & 10
- Microsoft Surface and Surface Pro
- Amazon Kindle Fire
- Apple laptops
- MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air
- Apple Desktops
- iMac, Mac Mini and Mac Pro
Campus Unit Purchases
Dell also offers special pricing on WIU recommended PC machines. However, these offers are not available through our uTech Computer Store. Please check out our Desktop/Hardware section to view recommended PC (and Macintosh) configurations for faculty and staff computers, as well as to view the special Dell pricing configurations on WIU computers.
For more information about software, view the uTech page for software installed on WIU systems.