Other Systems - Password Change Information
Your ECom password will expire every 120 days.
This information is for systems that use ECom accounts for authentication, including: Zimbra email, WesternOnline, network home space and secure web pages. Note: If you use a mobile device (iPod Touch, Windows Mobile, Blackberry using IMAP, etc.), a 3rd-party e-mail client (Outlook, Eudora, Mac Mail, etc.), or other systems that use ECom accounts (i.e. Dreamweaver), you must update your password on these devices and programs after changing your password in Guava.
Changing your ECom Password
- Direct your browser to Guava at www.wiu.edu/guava or by clicking the provided link (will open in a new window):
- Login using your current ECom username and password
- If your password has expired, you will be shown a message warning you of this fact. Skip to Step 4 to change your password. Otherwise, if your password has not expired and you wish to change it, click on the Password icon.
- Enter your new password using the "Update Account Password" fields.
- Click the Change Password button. After it is done processing your information, the server updates the page to confirm that your password was successfully changed. You will not be required to change your password again for 120 days.
- Note: If you use a mobile device (iPod Touch, Windows Mobile, Blackberry using IMAP, etc.), a 3rd-party e-mail client (Outlook, Eudora, Mac Mail, etc.), or other systems that use ECom accounts (i.e. Dreamweaver), you must update your password on these devices and programs immediately. Failure to do so may result in your ECom account being locked. Instructions for changing your passwords on mobile devices can be found here.
ECom Password Requirements and Additional Information
- You will be required to change your password every 120 days
- Your password must be 8 characters long
- Your password must contain one or more numbers and one or more alphabetic characters
- We suggest that you use both upper and lower case letters to enhance security of your ECom password
- Suggestion: create a sentence and use the first letters. For example: Remember to watch the Leathernecks at Hanson Field = R2wtLaHF
- Your account will be locked after 6 invalid logon attempts for 30 minutes or until an administrator enables your account. A user may unlock their own ECom account by logging into Guava and completing the 'Lockout Reset' fields.
- You will not be allowed to reuse your 10 previous passwords
- Your account will be disabled after 15 months of inactivity
- WIU never requests credit card, password or Social Security information via email.
Need Help with your Password?
For questions or comments regarding ECom password changes, please contact the uTech Support Center at (309) 298-2704 or contact your college technology representative. Limited walk-in password change assistance is available in Stipes room 126.