STARS - Password Change Information
Your STARS password will expire every 120 days. When your password expires, you will be prompted to change your password after a successful login to STARS.
- Log in to STARS with your existing password. STARS is available at http://stars.wiu.edu.
- After you successfully log in, if your password has expired, you will be prompted to change it. Simply enter your current password and your new password in the fields provided. Note: STARS passwords were previously 4-digit PINs but now must be 8-characters long and include both numbers and letters.
- Click the Enter button. Your password has been changed. You will not be required to change your password again for 120 days.
STARS Password Requirements and Additional Information
- You will be required to change your password every 120 days.
- Your password must be 8 characters long
- Your password must contain one or more numbers and one or more alphabetic characters
- Password must contain only alphanumeric characters (no special characters)
- Suggestion: Create a sentence and use the first letters. For example: Password Changes Will Occur Starting October 15 = PCWOSO15
- You will be required to re-authenticate after 15 minutes of inactivity
- You will not be allowed to reuse your 10 previous passwords
- Your account will be locked after 5 invalid logon attempts. A user may unlock their own STARS account by answering user-defined challenge questions or by calling (309) 298-STAR (7827) for STARS sign-on assistance.
- Your account will be disabled after 15 months of inactivity requiring assistance to re-enable (challenge question self-service not available)
- WIU never requests credit card, password or Social Security information via email.
Need Help with your STARS Password?
For STARS sign-on assistance, call (309) 298-STAR (7827). If you are on campus, you may bring a picture ID to the Student Assistance and Parent Service Center (University Union), Office of the Registrar (Sherman Hall room 110), University Technology Support Center (Stipes Hall room 126), or the WIU-Quad Cities campus (Moline). Regular university office hours are 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.