Official University Graphical Identity
Information provided in this document applies only to
the web use. Graphics provided on the web site are not
print quality. Contact Printing Services in the Office of University Relations for print quality logo graphics.
The University logo consists of both the tower and the
name Western Illinois University right-aligned under the graphic. This
is treated as one graphical object. The text has been altered from a preset
typeface and cannot be reproduced.
- The appearance of the logo cannot be altered in
any way; it can only be reduced in size. If the logo provided is not
at the correct size, select the next larger logo and reduce it proportionally.
- A spacing of 1/3 the width of the logo should appear around it, allowing
it to stand out from the surrounding text and graphics. (Graphics below
include correct white space allowance.)
- Minimum logo size is 51 X 94 pixels; any smaller and the words become
unreadable. (These dimensions do not include white space allowance)
- The logo cannot be screened, used in grayscale or used as a background
image. It must be at 100% opacity.
- Do not write inside the logo.
- The tower will always be white and the reverse area and lettering
in purple (#663399). The area around the tower should not be transparent,
and the background of the web page should not show through. If the graphic
appears on a background color other than white, it should be surrounded
by a white border.
- The logo should appear on every official University page, even if
only as part of the page footer (see University Web Standards).
Reversed-out Logos (used against a purple background)