February 15, 2021
- COVID Testing for WIU Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Tanner Circle/Q-Lot
- Description: WIUís free testing site is located in the lower northeast metered parking off of Murray Street behind the University Union building.
The testing site is open from 8am-12pm on most weekdays unless otherwise noted in the scheduling platform.
Testing can be done either through drive through (preferred) or by walk-up.
At this time Western Illinois University has moved to surveillance testing with a population of the campus community being selected each week for a COVID-19 test. Individuals selected for surveillance testing will receive information on how to setup an appointment via WIU email.
If an individual is selected during the surveillance testing phase who has previously been positive for COVID-19, they should notify the Beu Health Center 309-298-1888 to make testing providers aware and to receive additional guidance.
Testing at this location is limited to current WIU students, faculty, and staff only. All participants must make an appointment unless otherwise noted.
You do not need to bring your insurance card.
Members of WIU Athletic teams should not test at this location and instead follow instructions provided by the WIU Athletic Department regarding testing.
The Illinois Department of Public Health, in conjunction with the McDonough County Health Department will host a series of free drive-thru COVID-19 test dates on the WIU-Macomb campus on select dates in the Tanner Circle, located in the far-east section of Q-Lot.
All members of the WIU community, and members of the Macomb and surrounding communities, are invited to participate in these testing opportunities and can pre-register to make the process quicker.
- Monday, February 15th 8:00am-4:00pm
- Wednesday, February 17th 8:00am-4:00pm
Things to Know
- Pre-register at https://rebrand.ly/idph
- Simple nasal swabs will be used.
- You will be called with results within 4-7 days.
- No cost for testing.
- Bring your insurance card, but you can still be tested if you do not have insurance.
Anyone can get tested! You don't need to have symptoms or be sick.
Beu Health Center
1 (309) 298-1888
- Related Web Site: Pre-registration Website
- Contact Information:
Phone: 1 (309) 298-1888
- Source: Public Events