February 9, 2021
- Black History Month: Black Panthers Free Breakfast
- Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: Gwendolyn Brooks Cultural Center
- Description: Tuesday, Feb. 9 – 9-11 a.m. – Free breakfast from the Black Student Association (BSA): The BSA will honor the Black Panther Party's revolutionary, free breakfast program, an idea later adopted by the federal and state government as a way to help children.
Learn more about the Black Panthers and their groundbreaking efforts to combat racially unjust food scarcity/food insecurity and malnutrition and bring about lasting change nationwide to the benefit of all our nation's children:
- Independent Lens: Black Panther's Free Breakfast Program
Breakfast baggies will include apples, bananas, granola bars, mini water or juice, and a pamphlet about the Black Panthers.
For more information about the event, contact BSA President Shakyria Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Web Site: Black History Month News Release
- Contact Information:
Phone: (309) 298-2220
- Source: Gwendolyn Brooks Cultural Center