April 24, 2021
- Purple & Gold Day Virtual Trivia Challenge - Postponed to a later date
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Virtual
- Description: What is your WI-Q? Join us April 24 during our annual Purple & Gold Day celebration to see who will be crowned the winner of our Trivia Challenge! Get ready to claim bragging rights for our live, interactive trivia via Zoom!
On Saturday, April 24, Western Illinois University alumni and friends from around the world will come together as one Leatherneck family for our annual Purple & Gold Day/Western Challenge to celebrate the date in 1899 when the Illinois Legislature approved the creation of what would become WIU. The day gets kicked off with greetings from President Huang, followed by a virtual WIU bootcamp workout, Paint the Paws and virtual TRIVIA! In addition, the Western Challenge, our 24-hour online giving event, will be happening all day, uniting the Leatherneck community in giving back to Western.
Our trivia moderator, 2008 WIU English Graduate Ryan Budds, will take participants through several rounds of trivia, including much about Western! It's free to participate and will be tons of fun with many great prizes giving everyone a chance to win! So, grab a cold drink and some snacks and join WIU alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students virtually from 2:00-3:00 p.m. CST.
Ryan is the owner of Trivia With Budds so we've got a real professional running the show! No need to know how to play as he'll walk us through how it works before we begin. Then, he'll entertain us with stories of his time at WIU as we answer questions for multiple rounds of trivia. You'll also have the opportunity to make a gift for the Western Challenge: One Day. One Leatherneck Community. Thousands of Reasons to Give. #LeathernecksGive
- We suggest you use 2 devices—The game works best if you watch the Zoom call with our host on a computer screen. Then use a smart phone to buzz in with your answers (you’ll get instructions as soon as you join the Zoom call).
- You’ll play as an individual but will also have the option of signing up as part of a group (alumni, friend, faculty, staff or student).
- Buzz in (or answer)—with any device connected to the internet—a tablet, smartphone or even the same computer, but we recommend using a second device to buzz in your answers quickly.
- 4 rounds of trivia play—with 11 questions per round.
- Multiple choice format—You’ll be competing against each other in multiple choice style trivia.
- Be right and be fast—The faster you buzz in the more points you’ll get for a correct answer! Prizes will be given for the winner of each round, top three finishers and one overall winner. Other prizes will also be given throughout the afternoon.
Pre-registration is not required (but in doing so, it will be added to your calendar). Register HERE. Email A-Association@wiu.edu or call (309) 298-1914 with questions. Join us as we celebrate our Leatherneck pride, Western ties and great history in support of all that is Western Illinois University.
- Related Web Site: Preregistation
- Contact Information:
- Source: Alumni