In order to comply with the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act (5 ILCS 430/5-10), the University has implemented screens to allow monthly employees to record their hours worked, vacation, sick, and/or personal leave time usage online. These screens are available on the WIUP computer mainframe system.
Please note that this is an absence REPORTING system, not an absence REQUEST system. Each department will be responsible for developing their own internal system for requesting and approving absences.
- With the use of this system, employees are no longer required to submit the Academic/ Administrative Personnel Report for Leave with Salary form to the Provost's Office.
All faculty members are required to report time spent working. To assist with this effort, all hours for regularly scheduled classes will be preloaded for each day the class is scheduled. Hours recorded should include all time spent in:
- teaching/primary duties, including time spent grading and for class preparation;
- office hours;
- scholarly/professional activities;
- service activities; professional travel, including actual travel time and time spent in meetings;
- other areas of university business.
Faculty members with contracts entitling them to vacation, sick, and/or personal days will be required to enter their time usage on a monthly basis. The screens will be available beginning with the first working day of each month. The screens must be completed and confirmed by the 10th of the following month.