Ask a Question
- What is it?
- This is an e-mail service through which reference librarians answer your questions, usually within 24 hours. If you have an emergency or immediate concern when the Reference Desk is closed, please call Access Services (309-298-2705).
- Who can use it?
- This service is for WIU students, faculty and staff only. If, however, your question concerns resources unique to the WIU libraries, we can forward your inquiry to the appropriate unit.
- When can I expect a response?
- Questions are reviewed by reference librarians daily (during service hours). Every attempt will be made to respond within 24 hours.
- Are there other options?
- During reference service hours, you may visit or contact the Reference Desk via phone (309-298-2700), IM, or text message. If you have a complicated question, we can answer you more efficiently from the Reference Desk than through this form.