Flow Chart for Degree-Seeking Students
- _____ The student submits application to Graduate School for admission
to degree program.
- _____ The student completes departmental admission requirements, if
- _____ The student receives a letter of admission from the Graduate
a. If conditional admission ‑
All conditions of admission must be met prior to filing the Graduate Degree
b. If probationary admission ‑
Probationary status must be removed via petition prior to filing the Graduate
- _____ The department assigns a faculty adviser.
- _____ The student meets with adviser for pre‑program planning and
obtains specific departmental degree requirements.
- _____ The student files a Graduate Degree Plan at the departmental level
prior to the completion of 15 semester hours of course work.
- _____ The student receives approval of Graduate Degree Plan from the
- _____ The student applies for graduation by the following dates: Spring
Semester, March 10; Summer Session, June 10; Fall Semester, October 10.
- _____ The student completes course work.
- _____ The student completes comprehensive exams, special projects,
recitals, performances, etc., if applicable.
- _____ The student completes thesis/dissertation, if applicable. Must be
submitted by the Friday before Finals Week.
- _____ All course revalidations, final grades, verification of thesis
completion, official transcript for transfer work are complete and in the
Graduate School by the last day of the student's final semester.