Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
2009 Results and Goals
In October 2006, University Libraries conducted a LibQUAL+* survey which was open to the entire university community—students, faculty and staff. We wanted to know about the quality of library resources and services. We followed up with focus groups in February 2007 and again in October 2007. While many participants remarked on the high quality of services, there was definitely a need for more computer equipment, improved directional cues–both in the library and on the Web pages, more resources and updated physical facilities. As a result the library has made or begun on the following changes:
- Created Media & Digital Commons to provide additional technology and support.
- Installed a coffee bar in a lounge area with new furniture.
- Installed ILLiad, an interlibrary loan management software to allow better control and the ability to track requests.
- Improved workflow and functionalities in managing several operational units.
- Re-allocated space use to allow more group and individual study areas.
- Installed a Faculty Lounge area with improved technology for use as a collaborative space.
- Began a Liaison program to improve communication with academic departments.
- Hanging directional signs to highlight library resources and services.
We are again conducting a LibQUAL+ survey during the three-week period from October 5 to October 25. We hope you will participate and help us improve. On October 5 you will be receiving an email which will direct you to the LibQUAL+ survey.
*LibQUAL+ was developed by Association for Research Libraries in partnership with Texas A&M University.