Internet Job Sites
Western Illinois University and the WIU Career Development Center (CDC) are not responsible or liable for locating and securing employment (full-time, part-time, internship, co-op, summer, or contract) for any student and alumni. In addition, WIU and the CDC cannot guarantee any sort of employment for any student and alumni. Regardless of a students graduation date (December or May) they need to begin the job search process earlier because often many employers will concentrate their recruiting efforts during the fall and will have already made their hiring decisions.
The use of these (or any) Internet web sites is solely the responsibility of each user. WIU and the CDC are not responsible for any possible registration regulations, charges, or third party recruiter fees when using these (or any other) sites. Posting your resume on any web site is solely your responsibility.
Third party recruiters (search firms) routinely post and search Internet job sites. Be aware that often there are fees or costs involved when working with third party recruiters. WIU and the CDC are not responsible or liable for any fees or costs. Utilizing a third party recruiter is solely your responsibility. Never give any personal information (social security number, credit card number, or bank account information) to anyone through the internet or over the phone.
Using the Internet
Start your job search by using one of the user friendly entry level / new graduate sites. On these sites you may only need to type in a specific job title and geographic location to find the desired results. At times you may have to broaden your key words to find the appropriate job title that you are seeking. Some of these sites will offer pull down menus of job / occupational titles. You may begin with these, but ultimately you may have to use specific key words that you will type into the site.
Entry Level & New Graduate Sites (recommended starting point)
This site is geared to students and recent graduates.
You can search for jobs by type, location, industry, and company name.
THE PLACE TO START YOUR SEARCH. Simply type in keywords and locations to access thousands of job listings. Also an excellent INTERNSHIP search site.
- Zip Recruiter Full-Time, Intern and Part-Time positions for students / graduates
- Glassdoor Glassdoor has nearly 5.5 million company reviews, salary reports, and interview reviews on nearly 300,000 companies
- Buzz File A great company information database
You can search for jobs by title, keyword, category, and location.
Ju Ju Job Search Engine
You can conduct either a basic or advanced job search by title, location, and keywords.
Entry Level Job Search
We provide complete career search resources to help first-time job seekers find job openings in your local area, improve your resume, and even ace your first job interview.
A search engine by industry and location (including worldwide listings)
A site using locations, career categories, and keywords.
A site that will allow you to search for jobs on employer websites as well as through their site.
College Job Bank
A site where you may post your resume, search for jobs (by industry, location, etc.) and salary info.
- All StarJobs A comprehensive site with job search capabilities, career profiles & resources, and education resources
- Way Up A job and internship site for college students
College Grad.com Job / internships, and resume, interviewing, career information
Illinois and Chicago Related Sites
- The Job Hunt - Illinois
- The Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Chicago Job Search
- All Chicago Jobs
- The City of Chicago
Alumni / Experienced Professionals
A site dedicated to experienced professionals
- Winning Sports Careers A comprehensive site of information
Green Jobs, Environmental, Parks and Recreation
Persons with Disabilities
- Illinois Education Job Bank
- Masters In Education Online
- K12 Jobs.Com
- Jobs in Higher Education
- Chicago Public Schools
- Illinois State Board Of Education
Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Management
- Cop Career.com
- The Blue Line
- 911 Hot Jobs
- USA Cops
- How to Become a Police Officer w/Interview Questions
- Emergency Management
- Criminal Justice Schools / Information
- Working for the FBI
- Security Jobs
- Career Bank
- Talent Zoo (public relations, advertising)
- Jobs 4HR (human resources)
- Marketing Jobs.com
- Sales Jobs.com
- Jobs in Logistics
- KAS Sales Recruitment Marketing Staffing
- Insurance Jobs.com
Hotels and Food Service
Agriculture, Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering
- AG Careers.com
- Illinois Agriculture Education
- Construction Jobs.com
- All Construction Jobs.com
- Engineering Central
- Engineer Jobs.com
Science, Health, Medical
- Health Care Job Store
- Health Career Center
- Public Health Online
- Science Jobs.com
- Careers in Physics
- Health Career Web
- Nursing School 411
- Nursing Resources
- Top Registered Nurse
- BSN to MSN Job Board
- Nursing Career Guide
- Nursing Jobs.org
- Nurse Without Borders
- Hospital Jobs Online
- CHG Healthcare Services
- American Academy of Forensic Science
- Association of Zoos and Aquarium
Media, Music, Performing Arts, Graphic Design
- My Music
- Backstage.com (actors resource)
- Entertainment Careers
- Cumulus Media
- Creative Hotlist
- Behance Network
Non-Profit, Psychology, Sociology, Volunteer
- Entry Level & New Graduate Sites
- Illinois and Chicago Related Sites
- Alumni / Experienced Professionals
- Green Jobs, Environmental, Parks and Recreation
- Persons with Disabilities
- Teacher Education
- Law Enforcement
- Hotels and Food Service
- Science and Health
- Computer Science
- Media, Music, and Performing Arts
- Non-Profit, Psychology, Sociology