College of Arts and Sciences
- Any type of writing
- Essays, lab reports, references, theses
- Graduate school applications
- Education Portfolios
- Cover letters and resumes
- Figure out assignment prompts and what your teacher values
- Brainstorm ideas and topics
- Make drafts and go over revisions
- Do research and learn proper documentation
- Improve organization, audience, argument and support
- Write papers for students
- Look at grammar errors only
- Guarantee any grade
One of our talented undergraduate tutors is elected as Midwestern Student Representative!
This past weekend at the Midwestern Regional Caucus at the national Sigma Tau Delta convention (in Minneapolis) our excellent tutor, Haley Helgesen, was elected as the Midwestern Student Representative position, which involves duties throughout the year at the national and regional levels of the organization. Congrats, Haley!
“So often, the University Writing Center is defined as a remedial space, a space where only bad writers are sent to learn basic grammar skills that should have been learned long ago. Writing centers, however, are spaces for honors students too.” –Dr. Neil Baird, Director, University Writing Center
Check out the whole article
Writing Matters: The Writing Center Newsletter
Volume 1, Issue 1 : Introducing our first newsletter which touches on the importance of the writing center for all students in any discipline. This issue also highlights Brittani Wascher, one of our talented undergraduate consultants.