Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Writing Center
University Writing Center Policies
Our policies are structured to maintain the best study environment for everyone. For a successful consulting session, please come prepared:
- Bring your assignment
- Know what you would like to work on
- Ask questions
Tutoring Session Guidelines
- Appointments are for fifty minutes, starting on the hour.
- Walk-ins are welcome when consultants are available.
- If you are more than ten minutes late for an appointment or call to cancel an appointment more than ten minutes after the scheduled appointment, it is considered a "no show" and the appointment will have to be re-scheduled.
- If you have three "no shows," you will not be able to make appointments at the writing center for the rest of the semester. However, you can still walk-in and have an appointment if a consultant is available.
- If your paper is due on the same day as your appointment and you are coming in for a first session, we will do our best to accommodate you—within the fifty-minute time slot for which you are scheduled.
- You can request to have or not to have an appointment with anyone you want.
- You will receive a session record at the end of your session. If you would like your teacher to know you visited the writing center, please provide him or her with this sheet.
- Portable electronic devices, when turned on and in use in the writing center, are distracting to consultants and clients. Please turn these off when you are in a session.