A challenging career that really makes a difference! A Major in Emergency Management gives you a great start to a rewarding career helping communities big and small plan for, deal with, and minimize the effects of emergencies.
- Local, State, or Federal Government
- Private Business
- Coordinating Volunteer Organizations
- Humanitarian & Relief Agencies
Why Choose Emergency Management at WIU?
The Emergency Management degree program in the Department of Health Sciences prepares students through rigorous training in:
- Appropriate planning, resource allocation, & coordination of disaster/emergency response
- Dissemination of information & training of constituent groups
- Delivering detailed emergency plans & procedures for natural (e.g., tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes), technological (e.g., hazardous materials spills, nuclear power plant emergencies) disasters, and bio-terrorism situations
At A Glance
- Degree Available: Bachelor of Science
- Minor Available? Yes
- Graduate Degree Available? No
- Campus: Macomb
- Study Opportunities: GradTrac, Honors