Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Department of Physics
Professor, Department of Physics
Office Location: Currens Hall 316A
Phone Number: (309) 298-2577
Personal Web Page: faculty.wiu.edu/JA-Rabchuk
- Energy and the Environment - PHYS 150
- University Physics I - PHYS 211
- University Physics III - PHYS 212
- Modern Physics - PHYS 201
- Engineering Mechanics - PHYS 312
- Thermodynamics - PHYS 354
- Advanced Laboratory - PHYS 470
- Science in Context - PHYS 482
- Advanced Laboratory - PHYS 570
- Thermal Physics - PHYS 554
- Mathematical Methods - PHYS 567
Hydrodynamic Stability. Mixing layer receptivity - the process by which free-stream acoustic disturbances are converted into incipient instabilities in mixing layers, shear layers and wakes; Flowing thin films and their stability characteristic s.
Magnetoelasticity: Analytical and computational studies of magnoelastic materials in connection with their use in non-contact torque sensing.
EM simulations: Simulations of electric and magnetic fields and finding equilibrium points of said fields. Applications in lecture demo's and in trapping ions for quantum computing.
- "T -junction ion trap array for two-dimensional ion shuttling, storage and manipulation", Hensinger, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 88 (2006) 034101
- "Planar ion trap geometry for microfabrication", Madsen, et al., Appl. Phys B 78 (2004) 639
- "The Gauss Rifle and Magnetic Energy", J. Rabchuk, Phys. Teacher 41 (2003).