Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Here are the steps that you need to complete in order to apply for a graduate teaching assistantship in the Department of Kinesiology.
- Apply for Admission into the School of Graduate Studies. All application materials should be sent to the WIU School of Graduate Studies and include the following;
- A Statement of Personal Goals
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- A current Resume
- GRE Score (optional - see guidelines)
- Complete the Western Illinois University Application for Assistantship Form and the Request to have Graduate Assistantship Documents Sent to Department (these forms should be sent to the WIU School of Graduate Studies). Please note: If you are applying online, these two forms are automatically included in the application process. Also, if you have already submitted a GA application with your initial online application, you do not need to submit it a second time.
- Complete the Kinesiology Graduate Teaching Assistantship Application (this form needs to be submitted directly to the Department of Kinesiology)
Applying for a graduate assistantship and applying for admission into an academic program are two different things. It is highly recommended that you submit your application to the School of Graduate Students BEFORE you apply for a graduate assistantship. Receipt of a graduate assistantship does not guarantee admission into a degree program and admission to a degree program does not guarantee that you will receive an assistantship. Be sure to carefully read the program requirements for admission into the Kinesiology and Sport Management programs before applying for an assistantship.
In order to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship in the Department of Kinesiology, all of the material listed above must be submitted. It is your responsibility to make sure that your file is complete. If you would like to know the status of your application, please contact the School of Graduate Studies by phone 309•298•1806 or email Grad-Office@wiu.edu.
- Spring 2013
Review of applications begins September 15, 2012
- Fall 2013
Review of applications begins March 19, 2013