State University Annuitants Association
The Western Illinois University Chapter (WIU-SUAA) was established in 1971 as a founding chapter of SUAA.
The purpose of the chapter is to:
- Promote the individual and collective interests and welfare of annuitants and prospective annuitants.
- Promote discussion with and service to the university.
- Improve communications between the university and its retirees.
- Provide social events for its members.
- Promote discussion and participation with other annuitant organizations in the State of Illinois.
We communicate with legislators, other public officials, and candidates for office on issues important to annuitants, such as;
- full funding of state pension programs
- protection of cost-of-living increases, and
- retention of current income tax exemptions for retirement benefits.
- Thurs., Sept. 18, 1:30 p.m. Wesley church parlor. Meet with State Senator John Sullivan and Representative Norine Hammond
Tues., Oct. 14, 2014. noon - Fall luncheon. Wesley United Methodist Church.
See Fall Newsletter for reservation form.
Tues., Feb. 3, 2015. noon - Snow Bunny potluck. First Presbyterian Church. Snow date: Feb. 10.
- Tues., May 12, 2015. 6 p.m. - Annual meeting and banquet. Wesley United Methodist Church. See Spring Newsletter for reservation form - due May 10.
The Board of Directors holds monthly meetings;
- 10:00 a.m., 1st Thursday of the month, at Wesley United Methodist Church (Library Conference Room.)
Interested members are encouraged to attend.