Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
State University Annuitants Association
The Western Illinois University Chapter (WIU-SUAA) was established on October 9, 1981.
The purpose of the chapter is to:
- Promote the individual and collective interests and welfare of annuitants and prospective annuitants.
- Promote discussion with and service to the university.
- Improve communications between the university and its retirees.
- Provide social events for its members.
- Promote discussion and participation with other annuitant organizations in the State of Illinois.
We communicate with legislators, other public officials, and candidates for office on issues important to annuitants, such as;
- full funding of state pension programs
- protection of cost-of-living increases, and
- retention of current income tax exemptions for retirement benefits.
Thursday May 2, 6 p.m. Annual banquet and meeting. Wesley United Methodist Church.
Monday, May 6, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Benefits with SURS and CMS representatives. WIU employees (and retirees). WIU Grand Ballroom.
Wednesday, May 15, 10 a.m. / 2 p.m. Benefits - retirees. Wesley United Methodist Church. WIU Benefits Office.
Annual meeting date changed from May 1 to May 2! See newsletter for details.
The Board of Directors holds monthly meetings;
- 10:00 a.m., 1st Thursday of the month, at Wesley United Methodist Church (Library Conference Room.)
Interested members are encouraged to attend.