Water Bottle Filling Stations
Why Should I Use a Reusable Water Bottle and Water Bottle Filling Station?
- It helps WIU track how many disposable water bottles are saved from the landfill.
- At the filling station, the water is filtered and FREE.
- Using a reusable water bottle and refilling station promotes sustainability.
- Using reusable water bottles reduces waste created by the bottling process and the need for fossil fuels to make plastics.
- Filling stations are convenient and easy to use.
- Using tap water and a reusable water bottle can protect you from the toxic chemicals found in bottled water such as arsenic, microbes, BPA, and other toxins.
- Filters in filling stations remove additives to tap water such as chlorine.
- Municipal water systems are more strictly monitored by the government than water bottling facilities.
- Using a reusable water bottle cuts down on waste because only 20% of plastic water bottles are recycled; the rest of the plastic bottles go to the landfill and ocean.
- Having a reusable water bottle has been shown to be an encouragement to drink more water.
Current Locations on Campus
- Campus Recreation - 1st Floor corridor by basketball courts, near restrooms
- Sherman Hall - 2nd Floor
- Tanner Hall - 1st Floor lobby, next to service desk
- Tillman Hall - 1st Floor
- Thompson Hall - 1st Floor Lobby on men’s entrance near cafeteria
- Stipes Hall - 1st Floor beside the elevators
- University Union - outside the Bookstore, next to the men and women’s restrooms
- Physical Plant - outside of the new men and women’s restrooms
- Malpass Library - 2nd floor, near men's restroom, next to staircase
- Western Hall - in the corridor by east side bleachers, next to the stairs, men's restroom, and vending machines
- Western Hall - outside the Hall of Fame Room
- Horrabin Hall - near southwest entrance, across from Room 89, near vending machines
- Horrabin Hall - near southeast entrance between Rooms 01A and 01B, and across from Room 103
- Morgan Hall - 1st floor
- Browne Hall - near southeast entrance, right of Department of Theatre and Dance
- Brophy Hall - near main lower level entrance, next to stairs, elevator, and locker rooms, left of room 118
- Brophy Hall - lower level between the restrooms, outside of the gymnasium
- Sallee Hall - 1st floor by east entrance
- Knoblauch Hall - basement, across from the men's restroom and room B34
- Memorial Hall - 1st floor, across from the main entrance by the restrooms
Waggoner Hall - 1st floor, near the south entrance Room 118
Bayliss Hall - basement, across from the elevators and between the laundry room and kitchen
Olson Hall - 1st floor, by the elevators
Currens Hall - 4th floor near the RPTA office
Henninger Hall - basement near the laundry room