Administrative Procedures Handbook

Billing & Receivables

Sherman Hall 106: 309-298-1831
Veterans Affairs: 309-298-3147
Fax: 309-298-2032

The Billing and Receivables Office is responsible for billing and collecting monies due the University. Specific responsibilities include: maintaining the student billing and receivables system, processing class certifications for veterans, loan collections, answering student account questions, registration exceptions, processing departmental deposits, collecting past due receivables, billing address changes, and student refund requests.

Depositing Cash and Checks

In order to be in compliance with Illinois Compiled Statutes Chapter 30, Section 230/2 (30 ILCS 230/2), money received by any department in the University must be deposited as follows:

Single checks of $10,000 or more, should be delivered to the Billing and Receivables Office, Sherman Hall 106, by 2:00pm the same day.

Other deposits must be made by interdepartmental mail or delivered in person to the Union Service Center or the Billing and Receivables Office, Sherman Hall 106, as follows:

  • Accumulation of funds $10,000 or more, within 24 hours
  • Accumulation of funds $500 to $10,000, within 48 hours
  • Less than $500, weekly

Cash deposits should never be mailed. A drop box is provided for deposits made when the office is closed. It is located outside Sherman Hall 106.

A Cash Deposit form must be completed to deposit cash and checks. Forms are available from the Billing and Receivables Office. One account number and four income subcode numbers may be used per deposit slip. Multiple checks should be accompanied by a calculator tape. All checks must be endorsed as written and include the department account number.

The Union Service Center or the Billing and Receivables Office will verify and validate the deposit slip for all monies received. The receipt(s) will be returned to the initiating department.

Local account income subcodes are given to the fiscal agent at the time an account is established. There are different types of subcodes for various types of income. Please call the Business Services Office to request a new subcode when a different type of income is received.

Last reviewed: February 21, 2024

Billing and Receivables 
Sherman Hall 106
Phone: (309) 298-1831