College of Arts and Sciences
Providing An Excellent Liberal Arts and Sciences Education
The College of Arts and Sciences provides a premier learning experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels through the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. In addition to offering General Education Curriculum courses for all students in the University, programs in the College prepare students for employment and advanced studies in graduate and professional schools. We are committed to creating a learning community rich in faculty-student collaboration on research and scholarly endeavors and providing guided experiences through internships, community-based learning, and practical experiences. We are dedicated to promoting an appreciation of diversity and instilling intellectual habits of mind necessary for living life fully in an ever-changing world.
Research, Scholarship, Seminar and Internship Opportunities
- RISE Spring 2016 Seminar Schedule (pdf)
- RISE@WIU Scholarships Awarded
- RISE@WIU is Impacting Western Students
- REU and RISE Programs: Providing Students with Prestigious and Competitive Research Academic Experiences
Information about. . .
- WIU Summer Program - Discover the World through Science
- WIU English Department's Harry Potter Summer Program
- WIU Department of Mathematics Summer Program, "Girls Plus Math"
Highlights & Upcoming Events
CAS Outstanding Faculty Award Winners - Congratulations!!!
- Dr. Julia Albarracin (Political Science) - Internationalizing the Campus
- Dr. Esteban Araya (Physics) - Undergraduate Research
- Dr. Lee Brice (History) - Research and Scholarly Activity
- Dr. Shawn Meagher (Biological Sciences) - Teaching
- Dr. Lora Ebert Wallace (Sociology and Anthropology) - Service
- Dr. Thomas Hegna (Geology) - Teaching with Technology
- Dr. Febe Pamonag (History) - Multicultural Teaching
College of Arts and Sciences Scholar Kirsten Belisle