Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives describe career and professional accomplishments within 3-5 years following graduation.
- Create: Graduates will analyze problems and create innovative designs that are based on sound engineering principles and that consider functionality, cost effectiveness, sustainability, safety, aesthetics, and satisfy the requirements of a customer.
- Communicate: Graduates will use modern technology and design tools, work effectively as individuals and in teams, and clearly and effectively communicate ideas in written, oral, and graphical form.
- Continue to Learn: Graduates will increase their personal knowledge and skills through graduate work and other professional education, to maintain an appropriate level of expertise and remain current in their chosen profession.
- Citizenship: Graduates will serve as a team member or as a team leader and use the principles of ethical leadership, both in their chosen profession and in other activities.
- Community: Graduates will contribute their time and talents to improve their communities.