Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
William F. Pratt, Ph.D.
Director and Professor, School of Engineering
Address: 3300 River Drive; Moline, Il 61265; Room 109
Phone: 309-762-9481 Ext: 62783
Ph.D. 1999, Mechanical Engineering-Brigham Young University
M.S. 1989, Engineering Management-Brigham Young University
B.S. 1970, Engineering Management-US Military Academy
Academic and Research Interests
- Develop and expand an ABET accredited, multi-disciplinary engineering program that supports the business and technology development goals and needs of the students, regional community and businesses.
- Regional Business Development, Entrepreneur Development, Project engineering management.
- Mechanical, electro-mechanical, and multi-disciplinary design of machines and structures with emphasis on structural dynamics, the use of finite element analysis, and advanced structural composites especially those with high damping.
- Nanostrand and other new material applications
- Finite element analysis and design of specialty codes (programming)
- Manufacturing, process design, lean manufacturing
- ENGR 331: Engineering Project Management
- ENGR 320: Mechanical Design
- ENGR 271: Engineering Electrical Circuits
- ENGR 370: Micro-Electronics I, Circuit Analysis and Design
- ENGR 490: Engineering Senior Design