Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Summer 2013 Financial Aid Information
The WIU Summer 2013 Financial Aid Application is now available!
The Application Process
- Complete the WIU Summer 2013 Financial Aid Application online.
- File both 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 FAFSAs at www.fafsa.gov if you have not already done so.
- Watch for requests for verification documents if you are selected for verification for either year.
- Review of summer applications will begin on 4/22/13 and will be processed in the order received. A minimum of two weeks is required for processing the application by the Financial Aid Office.
- Notifications about your application and eligibility will be sent to your WIU email account.
- If not already filed, a 2012-2013 FAFSA must be FILED BY JUNE 30, 2013 to be eligible for a federal loan.
- A minimum of six hours of degree course work is required for loan eligibility.
- Summer loans are normally an extension of your academic year eligibility. In most instances, the amount you borrowed during the 2012-13 academic year will affect your eligibility for summer borrowing.
- Unsubsidized Loan interest begins accruing at 6.8% from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. No payments are required until after enrollment ceases.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov, login with your FAFSA PIN, complete and submit the information, if:
- You have not previously done a Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
- You are a first time borrower and have not completed the Entrance Counseling.
- You may be eligible for a 2013 Summer Pell Grant if you received less than a full-time 2012-13 Federal Pell Grant. Or, you may be eligible if you are graduating Summer or Fall 2013 and are Pell eligible after completing the 2013-14 FAFSA review process.
- The Federal Pell Grant will not pay for graduate courses, some repeat courses, audit courses, deleted courses if the charges are also deleted, or courses you did not attend or for which you did not complete any work.
- The Illinois MAP Grant is not funded for Summer terms.
- The Commitment Scholarship is not awarded for Summer terms.
Disbursement of Aid
- The Financial Aid Office is required to recertify your aid eligibility (including loans) before your funds are released to your university billing account. Changes to your schedule could affect your aid eligibility.
- Your summer aid could be withdrawn if you fail to meet WIU Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. See the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements in the Handbook & Policies/Eligibility section. You will be notified by WIU email after Spring grades are posted if you did not make satisfactory progress.
- See the Repeated Coursework section of Handbook & Policies/Eligibility if you are repeating a course.
- The earliest that aid can be credited to your university billing account is May 24, 2013.
- The earliest that refunds can be disbursed to your personal account is May 31, 2013.
- If you change enrollment after a refund is disbursed, you may owe money back to the university.