Human Resources

Lump Sum Payment Information

As of November 19, 2019, all offers of employment for Lump Sum Payments must be made by the Office of Human Resources. No offers of lump sum employment (verbal, written, or implied) may be made by anyone outside of Human Resources.

The Lump Sum Payment Request Form may be used to pay current exempt employees for duties performed outside their current job. For non-WIU employees this payment process is intended for services performed occasionally and not ongoing. Administrative Services Vice President approval is required for lump sum payment requests to non-WIU employees for services beyond 3 months.

The form must be completed in full before an offer of employment can be made by Human Resources.

Lump Sum Payments

Payments are processed on the semi-monthly payroll with pay dates on the 1st and 16th of the month. Payment will not be made until work has been completed.

Background Investigation Consent Form

Background investigations are required for anyone paid on a Lump Sum Payment that involves on-going work or work with minor children. This also includes recurring work (ex. someone that works every summer). Individuals that work with minor children will be required to have the background investigation annually. Background checks must be completed BEFORE any work is performed. Human Resources will process the background investigation and notify the department once the individual is cleared to work.

Employment Paperwork

The following documents will be required once an offer of employment is made by Human Resources and the offer is accepted.

  • Employment Eligibility (Form I-9)
  • DCFS Mandated Reporter
  • Ethics Training and Sexual Harassment Training
  • Statement of SURS Annuitant Status
  • Payroll Documents