School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences at Western Illinois University. Our mission is to provide our students with an exceptional and comprehensive education in computer science, network technologies, information systems, and other associated professional disciplines.
Our graduates enjoy a wide range of exciting and interesting careers as systems analyst, database administrators, network administrators, operating systems programmers, software engineers, web software developers, network analysts, LAN specialists, distributed systems analysts, telecommunications analysts, and systems security administrators.
- Computer Science (Bachelor of Science)
- Information Systems (Bachelor of Science)
- Network Technologies (Bachelor of Science)
- Computer Science/MBA Integrated Degree Program
- Computer Science
- Traditional option
- Microcomputer Applications option
- Information Systems
- Network Technologies
Why Choose Computer Science at WIU?
Our students have access to leading-edge computing technology in the School of Computer Sciences. You will gain experience on a variety of computing equipment.
- Laboratories full of the latest microcomputers from Dell and Apple
- A networking laboratory with CISCO networking equipment
- Enterprise-class computers from SUN Microsystems
- A large IBM Mainframe
With the experience you'll gain at WIU, you'll be well equipped to make key technology decisions during your working career.
Our faculty have a variety of experience, degrees, and research interests. At WIU, you will learn from experts in artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer graphics, computer languages, databases, distributed processing, networking, simulation, and software engineering.
- Undergraduate students: Approximately 225
- Graduate students: Approximately 80
- Faculty: 24
- The Computer Science Minor is available online as well as on campus in Macomb.
- The Masters of Computer Science is the most popular graduate degree at WIU.
- The bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Network Technologies can be completed in 4 years or less with WIU's GradTrac program.
- Sep 8, 2014: Professional Development Series - Get LinkedIn
- Sep 8, 2014: Professional Development Series - Dress for Success
- Sep 9, 2014: Professional Development Series - Preparing a Professional Resume
- Sep 10, 2014: Supply Chain Management Day
- Sep 10, 2014: 26th Annual Meet the Firms
- Sep 11, 2014: Professional Development Series - Keynote Speaker WIU alumna Kristin Andress
- Sep 11, 2014: Professional Development Series - Get LinkedIn
- Sep 12, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Sep 15, 2014: Professional Development Series -ROTC Leadership Course and Student Organization Fair
- Sep 16, 2014: Professional Development Series - Dress for Success
- Supply Chain Management Day Sept. 10
- CBT Professional Development Series...
- Study Abroad Fair Sept. 10
- WIU MBA Now Offered Online
- CPA Review Course Beginning Sept. 4
- WIU Welcomes Visiting Scholars from...
- WIU Fall Classes Begin Monday, Aug. 25
- WIU Announces Move-In Schedule