Clery Law Reports
In compliance with the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act (Public Law 101-542) and as amended by the Higher Education Technical Amendments (Public Law 102-26), the following information represents WIU's disclosure of the Graduation Rates of all students and student athletes.
Graduation and Retention Rates
About 53.4 percent of full-time new freshmen and 67.5 percent of full-time new transfers who entered in the Fall of 2005 graduated from WIU by the Summer of 2011. Fall-to-Spring freshman retention rate was 85.8 percent for the Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 period. The Fall-to-Fall freshman retention rate was 71.4 percent for Fall 2010 - 2011.
Fall 2005 New Student Athletes Statistics
Graduation rates of students recruited for participation in intercollegiate athletics are evaluated annually. The total graduation rate for student athletes who received athletically-related aid and matriculated in Fall 2005 and graduated by August 2011 was 69.4 percent. Seventy percent of men and 68.8 percent of women student athletes graduated. However, the small number of student athletes causes the graduation rate to fluctuate from year to year.
Fall 2005 New Freshmen Statistics
- Entering Full-Time New Freshmen (2005): 1,807
- Graduating within 6 years (by Summer 2011): 963 (53.4%)
- Non-completers (still enrolled) and completers > 6 yrs (Fall 2011): 187 (10.3%)
- Entering Student Athletes with Athletic Aid (Fall 2005): 72
- Graduating within 6 years (by Summer 2011): 50 (69.4%)
- Transferred to another institution: 621 (34.3%)