Illinois Certification Test of Basic Skills:
This examination must be passed to gain admittance into the Early
Childhood Education program. This test assesses reading comprehension,
grammar, math, and writing.
WIU Technology Competency Assessment:
This online assessment much be successfully completed in order to gain
admittance into the Early Childhood Education program. This assessment
provides information about a candidate's ability to demonstrate
knowledge and application of technology.
Illinois Early Childhood Education Content Test: This assessment must be passed to gain entry into student teaching. There are three subtests:
- Language and Literacy Development
- Learning Across the Curriculum
- Diversity, Collaboration & Professionalism.
Illinois Assessment of Professional Teaching: This assessment must be passed to become a certified teacher and to graduate from WIU. There are seven subtest:
- Foundations, Characteristics, & Assessments
- Plan & Deliver Instruction
- Manage the Learning Environment
- Collaboration, Communication, & Professionalism
- Language Arts
- Education Technology
- Constructed Response Assignments