About the COFAC
The College is the proud home of the performing and visual arts as well as communication and communication sciences and disorders where students, learn, grow and practice their skills.
The primary focus of the College of Fine Arts and Communication is to provide exposure to and training for artists, professionals, and scholars. Students will comprehend the complexity of visual and performing arts, communicative arts and sciences, and interactive media through the study and applications of their aesthetics, creativity, history, and theories. The College showcases the various modes of expression that define communication and the arts, serving as a major cultural center for the region as it seeks to educate both the campus and community in how the arts and communication serve, inform, and contribute to the totality and quality of life.
Our College facilities from performance theatres to music performance venues to student production facilities.
Dean's Office Personnel
- Art department has studios housed in Garwood Hall, Heating Plant Annex (HPS) and the University Art Gallery.
- Broadcasting & Journalism has three amazining facilities. News3, wiuitv 3, 88.3 FM - The Dog Radio Station.
- Communication Sciences & Disorder, Speech and language pathologists serve a variety of clients of all ages with communication impairments at Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic.
- School of Music hosted many performances and the and the operational space includes a green room, box office, coatroom, restrooms, rehearsal space and storage room at the COFAC Recital Hall.
- Theatre & Dance — Hainline, Horrabin, Simpkins, and Brophy