CHORAL ENSEMBLE AUDITION CRITERIA FOR FALL SEMESTER 2015
Open to all WIU students!
University Singers MUS 106 / Madrigal Singers MUS 108
Monday, August 24, 2015 Sallee 200 (Dr. Stegall's Office)
An Audition Sign-up Sheet will be located at Sallee 200 and available to sign anytime after August 20.
Auditions times begin noon and conclude at 5:00p.
University Singers MUS 106 meets MWF from 1p to 1:50p AND TTh from 12:30p to 1:45p in Browne 130
Madrigal Singers MUS 108 meets MWF from 12p to 12:50p in Browne 130 or Sallee 200
On the day of the audition...
1. Make sure you have signed for an audition time.
2. Fill out an audition form located on the table outside Sallee 200 and bring to your audition.
3. Sight read a series of short rhythmic patterns.
4. Sight read ascending and descending intervals.
5. Perform the first verse of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" in a variety of keys.
You will be evaluated on:
a. Beauty and power of voice,
b. Diction skills,
c. Ability to sing in tune, and
d. Your ability and willingness to receive instruction.
Questions: Dr. James Stegall, email@example.com
Concert Choir MUS 105
Monday, August 24 at 2p (the regular class meeting time) Browne Hall 130
This is a non-auditioned ensemble; each student will have a hearing simply for voice placement.
Concert Choir meets MWF from 2p to 2:50p in Browne 130.
Questions: Dr. Brad Pierson, firstname.lastname@example.org