Financial Aid

Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students who are pursuing their first bachelors degree at WIU can be considered for the following types of aid:

  • Grants : Funds that are not repaid. The most common grants received by WIU students are the Federal Pell Grant and the Illinois Monetary Assistance Program (MAP) Grant.
  • Scholarships : Funds that are not repaid. Scholarships at WIU are awarded through the Scholarship Office or University departments and generally require an additional application.
  • Student Employment : Funds that the student earns while enrolled. Opportunities include both regular student employment and Federal Work Study.
  • Loans : Funds that must be repaid. Loans are available for both students and parents.

Application Requirements

To be considered for most federal and state programs, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year you plan on attending. For example, if you plan on attending during the Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 school year, you will want to complete a 2012-13 FAFSA as soon as possible after January 01, 2012.

Any additional applications, requirements, and deadlines will be listed with aid-specific information under Types of Aid.

Additional Information

If you haven’t already, make sure to visit Undergraduate Admissions!